100 Hour Yoga Nidra & Meditation YTTC
Yoga Alliance approved course, leading to 100 Hour certification, YACEP program.
We conduct this course only in our Goa, India location each year.
Our 100 hour Yoga Nidra & Meditation course is Yoga Alliance continued education program. This course is meant for students who wish to go deeper into learning about Yoga Nidra and meditation so that you may use both these self practices for your own self & teaching others. This course is accredited by Yoga Alliance, USA.
Your daily schedule will be well balanced with elements of daily practice of yoga asanas, yoga Nidra and meditation.
This course is for you…
- If you wish to go deeper into understanding of yoga nidra and meditation practices.
- If you wish to continue on your learning journey as a yoga teacher.
- If you wish to learn about how both yoga nidra and meditation can be used a tools for a happier life for self and others.
Pre Requisites for this course:
- You should have some basic yoga practice does not matter what level.
- Willingness to learn.
The program is split into two sections focusing on meditation and yoga nidra.
Meditation - Part one
Meditation is a natural state our mind. A child plays in meditation. A well prepared student writes examination with a meditative mind. A scientist explores the riddles of the universe in meditation. A player plays, a singer sings and a dancer dances in meditation. Even though everyone mediates unknowingly, when one wants to do meditation as a spiritual practice, one witnesses the monkey mind and feels meditation is next to impossible. This course will lead you deeper into this path of self exploring those “missing links”. You will learn about the time tested classical methods of meditation.
- Definition of meditation.
- Role of asanas and pranayama for the physical preparation for meditation.
- Definition of Pratyahara. External and internal practices of pratyahara as preparation for meditation.
- Definition of Dharana. External and internal practices for dharana for meditation.
- Understanding and practice of different types of meditation namely breadth based, mantra chanting, using chakras, sound based and silence as mediation.
- In depth understanding of Pranayama. Alternate nostril breathing for regulating thoughts. Bhramari to calm the mind. Sheetali and sheetkari to cool the body. Kapala bhati to warm the body.
Yoga Nidra - Part two
Yoga means awareness. Nidra means sleeping. Sleeping with awareness is yoga nidra. It is a profound systematic and scientific practice. It acts on our subconscious mind, uproots unwanted behaviour patterns, seeds new tendencies, moulds our complete personality. This section will go in depth into the dynamics of yoga nidra and help you use it as a tool for healing.
- Meaning scope and application of yoga nidra.
- Learn about teachers preparation, students preparation and classroom arrangement.
- Understanding of the yoga nidra practice structure.
- Detailed explanation of the each of the step namely pratyahara, dharana and dhyana in yoga nidra.
- Planning of a yoga nidra session.
- Learning about selection of the concepts of yoga nidra session.
- Your life style as a yoga nidra teacher.